Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Amref Health Africa is seeking to recruit for the position of Technical Director.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Development, implementation and oversight of program technical quality and standards across the organization
The Technical Director is responsible for the development and implementation of program technical strategies, protocols and guidelines. It also involves formation and management of Communities of Practice (CoPs) to harness technical leadership across the organization. It includes supporting the Business Development (BD) Unit to ensure that donor proposals are technically sound and identification, nurturing and mentoring technical talent across the organization and within the technical expert pool.
- Corporate thought-leadership
The Technical Director requires a high level technical representation in meetings and the creation of partnerships to further technical positioning of the organization and grow the thought leadership agenda.
- Regional projects and emerging countries
The Technical Director will be responsible for growing multi-country projects and projects that work with regional and global institutions including in emerging countries. It includes supporting countries to develop and implement work plans for these multi-country projects. It further involves enhancing cross-country learning and project documentation and dissemination of lessons for multi-country projects and projects that involve working with regional institutions.
Education, Knowledge and Experience requirement
The following are minimum requirements and qualifications for the position:
- A medical or public health background with advanced degree in Public Health, Health Management or related field.
- 15 years relevant experience in multi–country programming and technical leadership.
- Experience in management with proven track record in program planning, budgeting, supervision and evaluation.
- Proven experience in writing successful proposals and high–quality donor reports.
- Experience in leading and facilitating international teams.
- Relevant network and track record in thought leadership in health .
Core Skills and competencies
- Program planning and technical skills especially with health systems in Africa.
- Excellent communication, digital collaboration and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop respectful, positive relationships with a range of partners including policymaker and health care leaders.
- Demonstrated team leader.
- Program thought leader.
- Technically sound in health and community systems.
- Ability to build and work with networks.
- Well organized, results focused, creative, innovative and flexible;
- Fluency in French would be an added advantage.
How to apply
Please visit our website https://amref.org/vacancies/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application.
Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Kindly note that this position will remain open until filled, and selection process will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.