Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
1 month in Nairobi, Kenya and 3 months in Lagos, Nigeria, Accra, Ghana and Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
BURN plans to establish a manufacturing facility in West Africa, which will be its second facility in Sub-Saharan Africa. BURN has identified three potential strategic markets in West Africa where it would like to open such a facility.
We are looking for a Strategic Associate to carry out the necessary country specific feasibility studies and present to BURN’s senior management a series of recommendations on which country is the most suitable for BURN to establish the facility in.
The feasibility study should advise on the following areas for all 3 target countries:
- Minimum of 3 locations for the facility.
- Estimated total startup costs.
- Estimated monthly/annual running costs over a 3–5-year period, including a breakdown of all costs, based on various volume scenarios.
- Lead times and price walks for raw materials from China to the respective country.
- Snapshot of the business environment, local labor laws and possible tax benefits.
- Political and legal implications.
The role is integral to BURN’s expansion plans and the individual will work closely with the CEO, CCO and expansion team to help with BURN’s next wave of growth.
We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative and contributions. The ideal candidate will have experience with devising business strategies and roll-out plans, strong attention to detail and analytical and research skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Carry out a manufacturing feasibility study for 3 target countries in West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire) and present a final report with a series of robust recommendations.
- Identify and liaise with suitable stakeholders (utility companies, government ministries, private companies, sector associations, labor unions and other manufacturing companies).
- Research possible duty and tax benefits for new manufacturing companies.
- Develop comprehensive budgets for a 3-5 year period.
- Work in close collaboration with BURN’s Chief Operating Officer, Expansion Manager, and local staff in the 3 target countries.
- Past experience working on manufacturing case studies is desired.
Any previous experience with clean energy and working on manufacturing case studies would be considered an added advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
How To Apply