Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req19981
Job Title: Supply chain Assistant-Procurement
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
To provide all necessary Supply chain supports to the field project activities in Dadaab field office and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply chain procurement procedures and policies.
Supply chain activities
- Processing approved Purchase request through the procurement software (online BVA) and ensuring data accuracy.
- Request for quotations / proposals while ensuring that suppliers’ rotation is adhered to.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval and PO after the senior Supply Chain officer has reviewed and recommended.
- Ensure that procurements are done in accordance with IRC Policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchases of goods are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with IRC Finance and Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Ensure that IRC procurement procedures are followed in all spheres.
- Ensure that up to date files for price guide / catalogues / products technical information to be used by the office for Budgetary and ordering purposes are maintained.
- Review all procurement documents before sending it for approval and ensure that a proper record for any procurement act is kept and inventory of used LPOs is maintained for future references.
- Prepare all payments in good time and submit the documents for review to the senior supply chain officer before submitting it to finance.
- Photocopy and filling of all payment documents before submitting to finance.
- Prepare weekly procurement reports and send to all the program managers
- Run the PR Audit log data and clear BVA aging commitments on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all other procurement files are maintained
- Coordinate closely with the Procurement / Logistics Department in Nairobi to ensure that program supplies purchased from Nairobi are in place in Hagadera
- Organize and participate in tender meetings & evaluations.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Demonstrate value for money in procurement.
- Implement IRC procurement SOP’s in all procurements.
- Monthly Procurement report
- Monthly PR tracking and performance card
- Commitments report to Finance
- Any other procurement reports required by LC or direct Supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Reduced lead time for processing of documents.
- Timely and effective updated BVA software for accurate reporting
- Effective functional and centralized procurement system to all the program functions
- Timely payment generation for all supplied/complete deliveries of items/services
- Provide training support to procurement clerks
- Preparing of local price list and sharing the same with the Dadaab all staffs on a monthly basis.
- College degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or related field
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor.
- Committed team player.
- Ability to live and work in a fairly isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel).
- At least Three years’ experience working as a logistician.
- The following experience will all be advantageous: previous NGO work, work in Africa, experience in repairing/maintaining vehicles, communications (Codan HF, VHF).
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.