Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Officer – Marine Technician- Engine Room Assistant
This role is responsible for support of marine planning and serviceability of patrol crafts and standby generators in the assigned station.
- Operation of all equipment and machinery onboard
- Carrying daily preventive maintenance of main engines and auxiliaries
- Carries out pre- sea checks and post sea checks
- maintain daily engine room logbooks/registers
- maintain boat fuel register
- Machinery watch keeping
- Report defects to the supervisor Engineer and maintain defects register for individual patrol boat
- Carries out daily user checks of all machinery and accessories onboard.
- Proper housekeeping of all machinery and machinery spaces
- Support marine enforcement operations
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) D+ And above
- Diploma /Certificate in Marine Engineering or related field,
- Certification in board and outboard marine engine maintenance.
- STCW 95 Certification
- Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration as an added advantage
- Minimum of 3year’s work experience in similar role
- Knowledge of outboard engine maintenance
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of marine engines/equipment
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Adaptability to change
- Time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customs Business Understanding
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
Closing Date: 20-09-2021
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)