Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
How would you like to directly affect the lives of billions of humans? Would you like your code to run across tens of thousands of machines across datacenters around the world? If you want to be in the high-scale business, we have got interesting opportunities for you.
Who we are
Microsoft FAST has offices in US, China, Norway, and Kenya, and is part of the Experiences & Devices group within Microsoft. Our mission is bold: to help people achieve more through people and knowledge and we are looking for solid, highly motivated engineers who will help making the mission a reality. We are building and running low-latency, highly scalable services that enable Files, People and Search scenarios. Our services power prominent Microsoft 365 products including SharePoint, Exchange, Teams and Microsoft Graph.
We can offer an agile development team with diverse skills in algorithms and data structures, big data, data science, machine learning and search technology to mention a few. The position is full-time and based in our Nairobi office, with huge learning and growth opportunities.
As a Microsoft Software Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Design, implementation, testing, rollout and running software services.
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, and optimal solutions at large scale.
- Be a technical leader.
- Evangelize best practices across the team.
- Participate in and lead team discussions about architectural design and other topics.
- Mentor engineers and live out the Microsoft values.
- Ship your code to thousands of machines serving millions of users around the world.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 8+ years of software development experience, preferably with C# and .NET technologies.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and a desire to learn from others.
- Passion for agile teamwork and building a collaborative team culture.
- Good communication skills, enabling transparency and productivity across teams in different parts of the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.