Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a motivated, change oriented and impact driven Senior Associate Advocacy. This position will be part of the Kenya country team and work in close collaboration with the global advocacy team. The postholder will be responsible for managing relationships with civil society organizations and some selected multi-stakeholder platforms and governmental stakeholders in East Africa. In collaboration with Advocacy Leads and the Country Directors, the Senior Associate Advocacy will identify advocacy opportunities in relation to Rainforest Alliance certification program and landscape and communities work in the sub-region and develop and implement an advocacy strategy in the sub-region.
The Senior Associate Advocacy will be the point of contact for civil society organisations in Kenya and will work closely with the Country Director Kenya and Director East Africa to ensure continuity of relationships with government stakeholders.
The postholder will work with colleagues in advocacy and themes, the regional team, the tea and coffee sector teams and communications to ensure Rainforest Alliance is able to utilise advocacy as a supporting intervention in the sub-region.
- Contribute to development of advocacy strategy in East Africa – with support from Head of Advocacy, Advocacy Leads, Director East Africa and Country Directors.;
- Build and maintain relationships with important stakeholders in Kenya (CSOs, NGOs, trade unions, platforms etc.) and in particular work with tea and coffee sectors;
- In close collaboration with Kenya team, develop and implement a Kenya advocacy strategy that contributes to the overall Kenya country strategy;
- Ensure advocacy plans are aligned and contribute to sub-region and sector strategies;
- Advise on new advocacy and governmental affairs opportunities and requirements within Kenya and in the sub-region and contribute to writing and budgeting of fundraising proposals in the sub-region;
- Initiate and organize meetings and participate in discussions with relevant groups and stakeholders to advance Rainforest Alliance’s advocacy agenda; and
- Represent Rainforest Alliance at relevant events, external forums and conferences and in various consultation structures.
- Degree in social sciences, public policy, communications or related;
- At least 5 years’ experience with planning, managing and implementing advocacy or public affairs strategies;
- Knowledge of tea and / or coffee sector desirable;
- Political and/or civil society network in Kenya a plus;
- Strategic and analytical thinker;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written. Kiswahili and additional languages a bonus; and
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of time.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: 23 SEPTEMBER 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.