Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job: Business Efficiency
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Kenya
Employee Status: Permanent
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Category Manager will work within the Kenya Supply Chain team to manage spend and contracts associated within East Africa Cluster.
- Helps to develop and execute the Procurement strategy whilst ensuring alignment to any applicable global strategies.
- Deliver saves targets for Kenya/ East Africa via sourcing negotiations.
- Develop and execute demand management initiatives.
- Assist in assuring that the Third-Party Management Policy and Third Party Risk Standards is adhered to within all Corporate Services business areas in Middle East.
- Representing SCM to appropriate Business Stakeholders.
- Understands and executes on the region’s business requirements within consistent global standards
- Defines and implements supply chain strategies in the region, whilst ensuring appropriate alignment to global strategies.
- Drives supply chain sourcing activities in the Kenya/ East Africa Cluster.
- Shares accountability with other Country Category Managers for achieving country sourcing targets in the region.
- Develop and implement regional initiatives to further the objectives of SCM in the region.
- Establish and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and SCM global category managers
- Adhere to all SCM processes and procedures.
- Utilise the available SCM related tools to ensure compliance and spend control.
- Work collaboratively with SCM operations team (including Hub) to ensure effective and efficient service delivery for the country.
- Support and execute necessary actions and deliverables to meet existing and new regulatory requirements that relate to the bank’s supplier base.
- Support country risk reviews for SCM and implement corrective actions as required
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Global Category Managers
- SCM Country Heads in region
- Business/Function Heads and their delegates in the country.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Degree or equivalent qualifications
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations: NA
- Professional Memberships: CIPS or similar desirable
- Must be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Languages; English
Unposting Date: 24/Sep/2021, 1:59:00 AM