Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SPECIALIST – ANAESTHESIA
Reporting to the Director, Medical Services & Research, the successful candidate will be responsible for review in-patient and out-patient (applicable specialty area) patients to offer curative services in line with established protocols and the hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out patient assessment, treatment and stabilization and other specialized procedures to provide curative services in line with established protocols.
- Carry out specialised training of medical officers, nurses, senior registrars, and nursing students to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
- Participate in root cause analysis committees in the event of incidences, complaints and/or poor clinical outcomes to ensure continuous improvement in patient care.
- Participate in continuous medical education to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in area of specialization.
- Assist private consultants to carry out medical procedures on private patients to ensure optimal patient care.
- Develop and continuously review protocols in applicable specialty area to enhance clinical management.
- Participate in research activities in applicable specialty area in line with set objectives.
- Mentor medical officers or senior registrars in clinical procedures to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
- Carry out weekly major ward rounds for applicable specialty area patients as applicable.
- Sign off senior registrars and prepare related recommendation letters to the Medical
- Practitioners and Dentist Council in fulfilment of their specialist recognition requirements.
- Act as a team leader on a rotational basis for the applicable specialty area.
- Uphold high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of conduct and hospital objectives; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Medicine degree in the applicable area of specialization as applicable from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing license.
- Specialist recognition from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council
- Basic Life Support training.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support training/ Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certificate LSO Advanced Life Support training (applicable to Obstetrics -Gynaecology & Paediatrics)
- Minimum of 3 years practicing experience in Internal Medicine/Paediatrics/ObstetricsGynaecology as applicable.
- Ability to carry out phlebotomy, cannulation, resuscitation, intubation, exchange transfusion & UBC among other medical procedures
- Ability to review and manage patients
- Knowledge and ability to classify diseases
- Knowledge of pregnancy related condition, contraceptives, minor procedures & surgeries e.g. C section (applicable to obstetrics & gynaecology)
- Ability to conduct normal deliveries and assisted deliveries including stitching (applicable to obstetrics & gynaecology)
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Patient care skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Effective decision making and judgement skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Team working skills
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 24th September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Head of Human Resources
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100