Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Thunes’ mission is to help businesses and their customers around the world participate in the global economy by providing them fast and affordable cross-border payments. We interconnect banks, payment service providers, mobile wallet operators, money transfer operators and platforms to unlock opportunities for businesses and individuals alike.
By providing unparalleled emerging market coverage and smarter transfer solutions for cross border payments, we enable financial inclusivity for those who need it the most.
We act as a trusted, neutral aggregator in a deeply fragmented industry. We offer end-to-end payments solutions to tackle the speed, cost-efficiency and accessibility challenges for emerging markets:
- Business payments
- Remittance processing
- Mass payouts
- Virtual accounts / invoice payments
Context Of the Role
We are looking for highly detail oriented and relationships focused individual to be based in the Nairobi Office which is in Sanlam Towers, Waiyaki Way. The accounts assistant will manage, process, and troubleshoot various accounts and transactions. This person will be the main point of contact for all matters related to company expenses. Additionally, they will manage Accounts Payable for the business and support the local book accounting of the Kenya entity and management of withholding tax documents (WHT) for the company.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on an international stage, alongside household names, and join a rapidly growing FinTech company making a real impact on the lives of people in developed and emerging markets alike
- Ensure that all expense claims are assessed, approved, and paid as per company policy and timelines
- Keep track of payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc
- Complete supplier and service provider payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Verify the accuracy of supplier invoices and supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Ensure bills and invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Build, manage and develop relationships with vendors and employees to ensure queries are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Work with internal teams to identify areas of improvement and create and monitor new processes for better efficiencies
- Diploma/Degree/ Professional Qualification in in Accountancy/ Finance
- ~3 years+ finance/ accounting experience gained within a large multinational organisation
- Advanced Excel capability is essential and Oracle & Concur experience is highly beneficial
- Previous experience gained in a global organisation managing global dispersed vendors, employee expenses & payments
- An exceptional communicator, working with integrity to develop long-standing relationships both internally and externally
- Meticulous and strong attention to detail
- A problem solver with a continuous improvement mindset
- Positive, proactive with the ability to work independently as well as actively contribute to team efforts
- Thrives in a fast-moving environment
How To Apply