Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Location: Nairobi
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Background: The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya.
CIHEB-Kenya is seeking to recruit a Director for Strategic Information, Research and Evaluation.
CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Job Summary: The overall function of the Director of Strategic Information, Research and Evaluation is to oversee CIHEB-Kenya’s programs monitoring and reporting and provide strategic direction to ensure robust systems are developed and implemented to support efficiency in data management alongside take lead in program evaluations, health informatics and program contributions towards evidence based interventions that inform implementation beyond CIHEB- Kenya programs.
The position will foster data demand and information use to inform program strategies and coordinate program evaluations.
Roles and responsibilities
- Oversee the development of program specific monitoring and evaluation systems and tools to facilitate seamless tracking of program activities, data, and reports
- Provide technical support to the strategic information teams in the implementation of M&E plans in the supported programs/counties
- Conduct training and mentorship of program, facility and partner monitoring and evaluation teams on varied strategic information topics
- Establish and support strong data management systems for data collection, cleaning, storage, analysis, and reporting, robust data systems, dashboards
- Optimize the use of robust health informatics in supported programs including the use of mHealth including electronic medical records
- Disseminate donor and program targets and quality improvement indicators to program and facility teams and ensure regular tracking of this
- Ensure data demand and information use through regular data reviews with technical teams, performance tracking and development of plans to bridge gaps in performance
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of data to national and county governments and to donors as scheduled
- Lead the design and development and oversee the implementation of institutional and program specific evaluation and performance measurement plans (EPMP)
- Oversee the conduct of routine and ad hoc program evaluations including baseline, midterm, and end term assessments
- Spearhead the development of research proposals for funding
- Oversee the development and update of CIHEB-Kenya research and evaluation protocols and submission of this to the relevant institutional review boards
- Oversee the implementation of research and evaluation activities including hiring and training of research teams, development of standard operating procedures, conduct of the research/evaluation and data management processes and abstract and manuscript development
- Master’s degree or higher in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health, or health related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of large HIV and health programs with a solid understanding of reporting indicators
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in research and evaluations including protocol development and conduct of research activities
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in program management
- Experience and familiarity with donor-funded programs including the US government PEPFAR programs
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Knowledge of and experience in statistical methods: SPSS, Stata
- Must have submitted and presented papers/abstracts in international conferences
- Evidence of at least 2 publications as a first author
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and strong team/capacity building experience
- Strong presentation skills
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 24th September 2021.
Applicants are advised to include the title “DIRECTOR STRATEGIC INFORMATION, RESEARCH AND EVALUATION ” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.