Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
REPORTS TO: SENIOR GRANTS MANAGER
DUTY STATION: NAIROBI OFFICE
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Reporting to the Senior Grants and Contracts Manager, the Senior Grants and Contracts Officer will be responsible for administering and monitoring sub-recipients to ensure full compliance with donor rules and regulations, involved in developing grant agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the pre-award review assessments of new implementation agencies and other new partners to identify areas of improvement, develop capacity and track progress against capacity improvement indicators.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements in the implementation of grants and sub-award SOPs and supporting documents, templates, and systems.
- Review partners monthly financial progress reports and provide feedback in timely manner. This includes review of financial supporting documents and invoices from partners, and providing accurate documents for process of payment to Finance.
- Frequently conduct financial monitoring: desk and onsite reviews and share any concerns with partner representative, her/his supervisor, and Ciheb-Kenya leadership.
- Assist in preparation and amendment of sub-award agreement and modification for in timely manner.
- Serve as a knowledge resource to staff and sub-recipients on all aspects of sub-award management, use of contractual mechanisms and donor requirements.
- Responsible for documentation and updating sub-award files, both physical and electronic.
- Prepare and maintain the appropriate sub-award tracking reports as well as summary information sheet on all sub-recipients. Monitor/identify potential issues with spending patterns, give guidance and report on periodic spending for sub-recipients in compliance with donor requirements.
- Responsible to make necessary reallocation of costs (shift of budget) to process close out of grants and contracts or extend current contracts.
- Assist with partnership closeouts, including ensuring that all requirements of the sub-agreement have been met to facilitate the final sign off by Ciheb-Kenya Senior Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of USG rules and regulations.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize activities, and to work under pressure
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Needs to be honest, dependable, discrete, disciplined, energetic, have integrity.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- Professional accounting certification CPA(K)
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated professional experience in non-profit organizations with specific experience in managing grants, subrecipients, and compliance with donor regulations
- Must be knowledgeable about financial management principles, grants management policies and procedures, and accounting rules and regulations
- Experience in supervising grants management processes and providing technical support to program staff is needed
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 24th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “SENIOR GRANTS AND CONTRACTS OFFICER” on the subject line also indicating preferred location.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.