Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Date Posted: September 8, 2021
Application Deadline: September 22, 2021
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian not-for-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya. It is a Registered Trust of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK). The Organisation’s core mandate is being a reliable supply chain for quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services. MEDS was established in 1986 and serves clients spread all over Kenya and other regions in Africa.
MEDS has entered into a Contract with USAID Kenya and East Africa named USAID Accountable Supply Chain for Health Program in Kenya. Project mandate is to Procure, Warehouse, Distribute and Monitor HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis and Maternal/Neonatal/Child Health (MNCH) commodities in furtherance of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Program in Kenya.
MEDS seeks to recruit the position of Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) Specialist to implement this Project:
- Analyze and assess existing logistics management information systems for Health Products and Technologies (HPTs) to identify existing gaps and recommend optimization solutions.
- Design and deploy an eLMIS solution in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders and partners including USAID and Ministry of Health to create harmonized environment for seamless system data exchange through use of digital health and supply chain interventions.
- Design and deploy systems for supporting Health Commodity Supply Chain including an integrated electronic Proof of Delivery (ePOD) system distribution of HPTs.
- Prepare general and technical requirements for health logistics systems, including general, data, reporting, technical, operational, security, performance, regulatory and training requirements.
- Provide technical support in implementation of health systems strengthening initiatives.
- Manage development of technical manuals, guidelines and standard operating procedures for health information systems strengthening.
- Carry out analyses of total cost of ownership, quantifying financial impact of deploying information technology products over their life cycle.
- Conduct capacity strengthening sessions to share LMIS best practices to staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Promote a culture of supply chain data use for strategic and operational use in monitoring and evaluating supply chains for HPTs.
- Manage development and implementation of health information system training plans.
- Establish mechanism for health information system sustainability through coaching, mentorship, training and capacity building of staff.
- Document and track lessons learnt to support roll-outs of logistics systems for HPTs.
- Design and generate timely management reports (periodic and ad-hoc) and dashboards to aid strategic decision making and performance tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Information Technology.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a health related field.
- Knowledge and experience in use of mainstream software development languages, Linux operating system, web-based and database applications. Experience in development of mobile (Android and iOS) applications will be an added advantage.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Information Technology will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with USAID funded projects, managing and using logistic management projects in automated Health Supply chain ecosystem e.g. DHIS2 will be a specific advantage.
- Project implementation and supervisory skills.
How To Apply
If you fit profile for any of the above positions, please submit your application including a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating your current position, salary, email address and telephone contacts. In addition, provide a copy of your National Identity Card and names and contacts of three (3) Referees (one of whom must be a professional who has supervised you at some point and another one be a Senior Religious Leader who knows you very well). Submit applications as indicated below.
To: Managing Director
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies
P.O. Box 78040, 00507 Nairobi, Kenya or E-mail: USAID-MEDS@meds.or.ke
By: 22nd September 2021
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted