Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Date Posted: September 8, 2021
Application Deadline: September 22, 2021
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian not-for-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya. It is a Registered Trust of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK). The Organization’s core mandate is being a reliable supply chain for quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services. MEDS was established in 1986 and serves clients spread all over Kenya and other regions in Africa.
MEDS has entered into a Contract with USAID Kenya and East Africa named USAID Accountable Supply Chain for Health Program in Kenya. Project mandate is to Procure, Warehouse, Distribute and Monitor HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis and Maternal/Neonatal/Child Health (MNCH) commodities in furtherance of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Program in Kenya.
MEDS seeks to recruit the position of Project Director to implement this Project:
Project Director: The Project Director serves as a liaison and point of contact for USAID on matters related to overall program management. This individual will have regular contact with the Contracting Officer’s Representative and Contracting Officer and will have overall responsibility for program leadership. The individual will be required to inform USAID about contract activities, progress against objectives, and issues that arise in contract implementation. The Project Director provides overall strategic leadership and oversight to the activity.
- A Master’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Public Health, or related field.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of experience managing complex public health programs or programs of similar size, scope and complexity; or at least ten (10) years demonstrated senior management level experience overseeing any or both of the following areas: health systems strengthening or supply chain management.
- Experience and demonstrated capacity to liaise/negotiate with senior representatives of US Government and Government of Kenya.
- Experience in US Government (USG) funded programs and knowledge of USG funding compliance regulations.
- Demonstrated team player with visionary leadership and demonstration of professional accomplishments.
- Excellent managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing large logistics projects involving coordination with multiple partners or institutions in Kenya or the region and in managing donor projects.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in developing activity work plans, budgets, and managing implementation
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English
- Excellent past performance references
How To Apply
If you fit the profile for the above position, please submit your application as indicated below including:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae stating your current position, current salary, email address and telephone contacts
- Names and contacts of three (3) Referees (one of whom must be a professional who has supervised you at some point and one a Senior Religious Leader who knows you very well)
- Copy of Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Current Copy of Certificate of Good Conduct
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Mission for Essential Drugs & Supplies
P.O. Box 78040 00507 Nairobi, Kenya
By 22nd September 2021
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.