Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Head Nurse – Accident and Emergency (Re-Advertisement)
Vacancy No: AKHK/NDAE/003
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Director of Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of quality care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients within the medical ward.
He / she will plan, coordinate, manage and evaluate all patient care activities including quality, resources, regulatory compliance, staff development and finance.
- Lead the unit team in formulation, implementation and evaluation of annual goals and objectives in accordance with departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
- Lead the team in development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, protocols, and care guidelines based on international standards.
- Perform regular rounds within the unit to ensure smooth triage, observation, admission, transfer, and referral of patients that enhances patient safety and quality patient care.
- Participate in the Budget process and ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, equipment, and supplies are in place.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation and on- going training of the unit staff.
- Oversee continuous education of unit staff and identify staff training needs.
- Participate in Quality and patient safety activities in the unit and hospital.
- BSc Nursing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate.
- At least five years working experience in nursing practice, with three years in Nursing Leadership role in A&E unit
- Valid Kenyan nursing practice license.
- Working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System.
- Excellent PR and Communication skills.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected
remuneration to email@example.com on or before 25th September 2021.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “HEAD NURSE –
ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY AKHK/NDAE/003”
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”