Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Senior Case Processing Assistant
Grade: 4 (N)
Level: Associate Specialist
Section: Case Processing/ Processing Support
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
This position is responsible for the processing of refugee case files under the direction of the unit supervisor.
The position may also be responsible for responding to refugee, partner and other inquiries, and conducting case management on specialized pipelines (e.g. minors, expedites, family reunification, longstayers, among others).
This position reports directly to the unit Supervisor in Case Processing and Processing Support.
1. Completes all tasks related to refugee case processing as assigned by the unit Supervisor, ensuring adherence to RSC Standard Operating Procedures.
2. Conducts tasks related to all stages of case processing dependent on operational priorities, including case creation, security checks, USCIS admin, scanning, scheduling, medicals, assurances, travel processing, and responding to inquiries.
3. Takes a lead role in projects within Case Processing/ Processing Support including planning workflow, providing direction, identifying reporting parameters, setting timelines and completing
quality control checks on the project.
4. Confirms that staff have appropriate rights/access to essential folders and databases to facilitate
5. Assesses daily unit reports and recommends work plans, pipeline reviews and clean–ups.
6. Takes the lead role in the creation of daily work plans in the absence of the Supervisor or as
7. Runs QC reports on data and identifies action items and reports these findings to the Supervisor.
8. Assists in the development of Case Processing/ Processing Support onboarding and training
procedures and modules as well as assisting in their implementation as required.
9. Assists with case management through a holistic review of USRAP cases and follow up with
relevant RSC Africa processing teams to effect changes needed.
10. Provides guidance to staff with regards to deferrals and case status inquiries from Refugees,
Partners, Attorneys, Resettlement Agencies and Congress either electronically or via physical
letter, with strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM Guidelines for the Treatment of Refugee Records.
11. Uses reports to monitor specialized caseloads including minors, expedites, family reunification
and long stayers in the pipeline.
12. Reviews unit SOPs and guidelines periodically and suggest updates if/when necessary.
13. Attends scheduled dry runs and provides feedback as necessary.
14. Participates in process reviews.
Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree required.
Prior paid work experience with CWS Africa is required.
• Strong written and verbal English skills
• Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Strong organizational and time management skills
The Senior Case Processing Assistant must have the ability to:
• accurately type 35 wpm with a 93% accuracy rating;
• communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
• deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
• conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
• maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
• pass the job knowledge assessments with score of 80% or higher; pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
• work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
• take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
• lead others and address issues as they arise;
• maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
• manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
• analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
• work well as a team in a multi–cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
• effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
• actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/ pulling, handling objects
(manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level and using fine finger movements.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will work in an open plan office.
Certificate of Good Conduct is required before the start of employment.
The candidate should be willing to work overtime on weekdays and weekends as required.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to
others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity
and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being
positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict
constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations.
Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new
approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will
develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include
supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences,
vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job.
Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties
affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and
implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation.
Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks
and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources
involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and
behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing
individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating
conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources
in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all
opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and
making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.
How To Apply