Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About the role.
The Account Manager will report to the Head of Sales with primary responsibilities to source, research and convert prospective business clients requiring third party logistics solutions whilst delivering an exceptional join-up experience during the process. In addition, the candidate would be expected to lead the onboarding process for new clients and contribute to decisions on market segmentation focus, product and technical solutions roadmap leveraging insights from prospects and client feedback.
- Contribute to Market research activities.
- Lead market segmentation exercise and proposal on focus segments.
- Identify and Develop information sources for prospective clients.
- Manage the lead & opportunity generation, and conversion process for new clients from existing and new market segments.
- Develop procedures and scripts to support conversion of long tail clients sustainably based on best practices.
- Manage the activation and onboarding process for new clients.
- Benchmark activation and onboarding process with competitors and
- Lead client acquisition refresher training programs in addition to other engagement activities to increase conversion rate for prospects & Jumia vendors.
- Collaborate with marketing and commercial teams to develop Jumia logistics ads and features delivering the target lead traffic.
- Manage existing sales channels for the business and lead the development of new channels to ensure client growth targets are met.
- Develop proposals to grow the business based on feedback from prospects and other client interactions.
- Report on progress against targets, gap closing interventions where needed and help request.
- Report on sales progress against targets and lead execution of the gap-closing intervention.
- Represent the sales team and present sales plans and situation in regular meetings.
- End to end participation in all team structure training and performance management.
- Development and building of team morale and coerciveness.
- Responsible for the cascading, monitoring and execution of team KPIs in line with business strategy.
- Leading, coaching, developing, and supervising the efforts of direct reports.
- Active involvement in the development of functional/industry practice
- Minimum 2 years sales experience within the transportation/logistics industry
- Strong knowledge base of the industry and marketplace
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business.
- Strong sales background and capability
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation.
How To Apply