Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation
About the role
The Business Development Associate role is a unique opportunity to help drive our efforts to improve customer satisfaction in our financial services products.
This is a critical role as it is directly linked to business growth and improved customer experience which leads to customer loyalty and retention. This role calls for a rare combination of creative, proactive, out of the box and agile thinking, payment industry knowledge & interpersonal ability to manage relationships, issues and topics with customers and with all teams across the organisation.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- You will work closely with the multiple onsite teams (CS, Fraud, Finance and Marketing), Product, as well as Central Operations to create the best in class customer experience and business growth.
- You will work closely with third party partners and banks relied upon to process payments to facilitate the local operations relationship with third party payment and product partners, advocating for customer growth, experience and applying operational improvements.
- You will be involved in leading strategic projects to lead the business growth, improve the performance and the customer experience of financial services products.
- You will support troubleshooting complex merchants(Jumia mall, Jumia On demand services and JumiaPay app) to deliver the best payment experience possible.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Have an Impact – You’ll identify and automate manual processes that make our merchants’ lives complicated, while improving the efficiency of the whole operations organization.
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face big challenges. You get the chance to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our merchants’ lives better.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- You need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced startup preferably in the financial services and/or e-commerce industries
- We rely on data for decision making. Technically speaking, you’re proficient in using excel for moderate data crunching and analysis.
- Previous experience in a marketing, business development and/or operations role in a tech startup or financial services industry is a plus.
- You’re proactive, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams and are a true go-getter.
- Be comfortable using technology for communication or be able to master new systems quickly. Some of the systems we would require you to use are powerbi, G-Suite, salesforce, slack, confluence, jira amongst others.
- You have a high level of attention to detail and agility
- You have excellent written and oral English skills.
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation.
How To Apply