Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About the role:
Are you ambitious and looking to work in a dynamic ecommerce environment? Don’t miss the opportunity to join one of the largest, fastest-growing and most successful international online companies.
Jumia is looking for a Comms associate to work within the company in Kenya. The role is to support the Jumia in development and delivery of the digital Communication strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build a strong network of media partner
- Pro-active by pitching media and organize interviews
- Increase Jumia’s Brand awareness through media and Social Media
- Write articles for the media, including press releases and reports
- Events management
- Be a spokesperson for the company
- Brief the team about the wording, Q&A, talking points and prepare a public presentation
- Handle the corporate Social Media platforms by creating and sharing relevant content
- Support the Group Head Comms team for cross country projects and Group processes
- Support on creating PR reports, SM reports
- Owner of PMO for Group Comms Project
- Organise the Comms team work – central processes & files
- Proof-read content, including but not limited to social media posts, blog articles and press releases for the Comms team
- Crisis management – support the team with guidelines and actions
Required and skills qualifications
- Previous experience in Comms, Journalism or Public relations
- Complete fluency in both spoken and written English
- Education to degree level or equivalent in PR, Communication or Journalism
- Must have a commendable Media network and relations.
- Independent and resourceful.
- Strong drive and leadership
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to meet demanding targets.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
- Skillful in content creation, as well as copy-writing and proof-reading
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the ecommerce industry
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation
How To Apply