Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Northern Rangelands Trading (NRT Trading) is a business accelerator for social and conservation impact enterprises operating in northern Kenya. We accelerate businesses at all levels of the social spectrum: from household businesses run by women and youth to conservancy–based businesses that leverage community assets, to businesses operated by NRT Trading to improve value chain dynamics and connect people to distant markets.
Our vision is to accelerate the development of sustainable and resilient commerce across northern Kenya, which will empower people, improve livelihoods, conserve nature, and contribute to peace and stability.
Our work is structured into 3 pillars:
• Pillar 1: NRT Trading operated businesses (Livestock–to–market, Beadworks)
• Pillar 2: Developing conservancy enterprises (tourism)
• Pillar 3: Support to household enterprises through micro–finance and vocational skills training program
NRT Trading is a subsidiary of The Northern Rangelands Trust (NRT), a non–profit umbrella organization that supports 43 member Community Conservancies across northern and coastal Kenya with fundraising, technical support, governance advice and training, and security.
NRT trading is headquartered in Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Meru County. More information can be found at http://www.nrt–kenya.org.
Purpose of the position:
NRT Trading is looking for an experienced and passionate communications professional able to lead the development and implementation of a communication strategy in close collaboration with our donors (USAID and The Nature Conservancy), community conservancies and NRT partners.
The job holder will report to CEO of NRT Trading. S/he will be responsible for working with the CEO to create a communications strategy for a potential USAID–funded project and oversee the implementation over a 3–year time period. In addition, the communications officer will collaborate with a digital design agency to launch the NRT Trading website and assist NRT Trading businesses and programs with their external and internal communication, including fact sheets and presentations, donor reports, video and social media content.
S/he will be required to travel from the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy HQ to the community conservancies regularly, liaising with county coordinators, programme leads and community conservancy managers to conduct field reporting, or provide event support.
▪ Collaborate to design the communications strategy for a USAID project, and subsequent implementation.
▪ Launch website and update it periodically.
▪ Develop external and internal communication, including fact sheets and presentations, video, print and social media content for NRT Trading businesses and programs. Collaborate with the team to finalize donor reports.
▪ Project manage film making with agencies.
▪ Develop branding designs and materials.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
▪ Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 2 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Experience writing, editing, and proofreading printed or online content for diverse audiences.
▪ Experience using social media as a professional communication tool.
▪ Experience working in Africa and communicating with African audiences.
▪ Fluency in English and Swahili required, both verbal and written.
The successful candidate will be based in NRT Trading HQ within Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. Isiolo, Meru and Nanyuki are the nearest majors towns.
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on Friday, 22nd September 2021 to: hr@nrt–kenya.org addressed to: Operations Manager, Northern Rangelands Trust, Private Bag, Isiolo–60300
Qualified applicants drawn from the membership of conservancies where we operate will have a distinct advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted