Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DATA ANALYST – EARTH RANGER SYSTEM
Northern Rangelands Trust (NRT) is a non–profit umbrella organization that supports 43–member Community Conservancies across northern and coastal Kenya with fundraising, technical support, governance advice and training, and security. Its mission is to develop resilient community conservancies that transform lives, secure peace, and conserve natural resources. It is a non–governmental organization headquartered in Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Meru County. More information can be found at http://www.nrt–kenya.org.
Purpose of the position:
Reporting to the Senior GIS and Earth Ranger Platform Officer and with a close working relationship with all other departments, the main deliverables of this position will be performing data analysis, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues on Earth Ranger (ER) Platform.
Data Analyst Responsibilities:
▪ Managing ER data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
▪ Work closely with HODs by providing necessary reports and maps from ER and other platforms
▪ Managing Earth Ranger platform users and user roles.
▪ Provide quality assurance of imported data.
▪ Commissioning and decommissioning of ER data sets.
▪ Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
▪ Create ER Templates, data entry and develop reports from ER and Tableau Platform.
▪ Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
▪ Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
▪ Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
▪ Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
▪ Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
▪ Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
▪ Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleaning.
Data Analyst Requirements:
▪ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in statistics, data science or equivalent.
▪ At least 3 years’ experience working on project data analysis and information management, and monitoring.
▪ Skilled in at least one of the data analysis tools; preferably Tableau, Power BI, Semantic Al, Qilk, Data Analysis using Python.
▪ Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
▪ High–level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large–scale databases.
▪ Good report writing skill.
▪ High–level written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Email.
▪ Data–oriented personality with a keen eye for detail, data analysis and presentation.
▪ Experience in SQL and ACCESS databases, GIS (ArcGIS, QGIS) and ability to create reports with effective visualization and communication will be an added advantage.
▪ Demonstrated ability to work with local communities and diverse teams.
▪ Good Command of English and Kiswahili.
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on Wednesday 22nd September, 2021 to: hr@nrt–kenya.org addressed to: Operations Director, Northern Rangelands Trust, Private Bag, Isiolo–60300
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.