Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HOUSEKEEPER (1 POST)
Reporting to Support Services Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and supervise the outsourced cleaning services in the hospital to ensure a clean, safe, and comfortable environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and supervise cleaning and carry out routine inspection of assigned areas to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards in line established guidelines.
- Prepare and monitor execution of checklists for assigned areas to ensure full compliance to cleaning standards.
- Carry out staff induction and continuous training for new and existing outsourced cleaning staff to ensure they understand and adhere to the hospital’s code of conduct.
- Monitor the usage of housekeeping consumables and advise the requisitioning authority on the minimum order levels to ensure their availability.
- Identify and report all repairs and maintenance issues in assigned areas and follow up with maintenance department to ensure timely closure.
- Ensure proper segregation, handling, and transportation of hospital waste in line with waste management guidelines.
- Ensure outsourced cleaning staff wear appropriate PPEs as they work in the different hospital sections to prevent cross contamination.
- Receive and attend to complaints related to cleaning services and follow up to ensure timely closure; and any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Diploma in Hospitality Management from a recognized institution.
Minimum of 3 years’ housekeeping experience in a hospital or hospitality environment.
- Housekeeping skills Knowledge in the use of different machines, floor finishes and cleaning requirements
- Contract administration skills
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- Agility Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail Planning and organizing skills
Customer service skills Accountability Integrity
- Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- We do not charge any fee for receiving CV’s or for interviewing.
- All communications will be through the official line and email
- PCEA Chogoria Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 17th September 2021.