Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PrEP CHAMPIONS- CHAK- CHAP UZIMA PROJECT
The PrEP Champion position is a new position created with the aim of improving our PrEP uptake. The PrEP champions will focus on awareness creation at facility and community level, identification of those at a high risk of HIV acquisition, referrals for PrEP initiation and maintenance of adherence interventions to PrEP Medication.
The PrEP Champion duty station will be to a large extent the OPD and MCH departments.
- With the guidance of a Clinician or trained Health care worker; Conduct health talks (group or one-on-one) for demand creation for PrEP at facility (In OPD and MCH Departments) and community level.;
- To identify those at a high risk of HIV acquisition and refer them to the Clinician for further assessment and initiation;
- Ensure more than 95% screening for eligibility of clients in OPD and MCH.
- Ensure that 95% of those eligible are started on PrEP.
- Ensure that PrEP support groups are active and running; to be held on a monthly basis;
- To Coordinate all PrEP support groups and ensure attendance; Ensure registration of new PrEP clients into PrEP support groups
- Serve as the contact person for PrEP Clients at facility level; Listen to and document their complains with the aim of finding solutions especially to those complains that might be a hinderance to good adherence.
- Ensure PrEP clients coming to the facility navigate smoothly through the clinic;
- Conduct referrals for Key populations to KP programs – where applicable;
- Provide individual contact with the PrEP clients to help monitor adherence to PrEP medication;
- Remind PrEP clients on their appointment days through the appropriate means e.g. voice calls, text or WhatsApp;
- Contact all PrEP clients who miss their appointments and conduct home visits for those who default;
- Provide individual and group counselling sessions building opportunities to foster adherence to medication, identify strategies to improve adherence for individual clients,
- Spearhead a community module for PrEP
- Ensure that all PrEP clients are retested based on the guidelines. (before initiation at month 1 and 3 monthly thereafter)
- Ensure proper documentation in Kenya EMR, The PrEP register and Defaulter tracing register,
- Participate in Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDTs) to discuss PrEP clients/ CQI meetings to discuss PrEP Performance.
- Initiate and Administrate a facility PrEP WhatsApp group;
- Be a good role model to PrEP Clients in the facility;
- Closely monitor achievement of PrEP targets.
- Coming up with ideas, strategies and proposals on effective service delivery to PrEP clients.
- Be a peer by sharing personal experiences on PrEP medication with PrEP clients.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure Proper documentation in Kenya EMR- (Follow up with the clinicians to update gaps identified);
- Ensure that the PrEP register is fully updated;
- Ensure proper documentation the defaulter tracing register for clients missing their appointments
- Maintain a PrEP support group file with attendance lists and minutes of the PrEP Support group meetings;
- Support the PrEP point person in report validation and submission of monthly reports to CHAK by the 5th of every month.
- He or she should be between the ages of 25-40 years,
- Must have been on PrEP medication.
- Holder of K.C.S.E Certificate.
- Able to communicate in English and Kiswahili.
- Has advocacy skills (Has the ability to easily connect with people)
- Able to work at the facility from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
- An active member of the facility support group.
- Excellent appointment keeping.
- Has a good rapport with other PrEP clients in the facility.
- Having worked as an active Community health volunteer.
- Additional training e.g. in a counselling-related course and or is a NASCOP certified counsellor is an added advantage.
The PrEP Champion shall report to;
1st supervisor: Facility PrEP point person.
2nd Supervisor: CCC coordinator.
- Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- We do not charge any fee for receiving CV’s or for interviewing.
- All communications will be through the official line and email
- PCEA Chogoria Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 17th September 2021.