Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role holder is responsible for creation of algorithms to automate extraction, analysis, and presentation of complex data. They will be responsible for improving efficiency in the presentation of data and insights for end user consumption. The holder will be required to translate business requirements into automated solutions using self-service platforms and analytics solutions. They will be responsible for ensuring the algorithms and the dashboards are operating accurately and in an efficient manner.
- Interpret stakeholders’ requirements, use cases, user stories and wireframes into business solutions
- Facilitate automation by designing processes to collect data, maintain its quality, enrich it, and present insights
- Adhere and maintain standards set by the data governance team in development of data artefacts and BI solutions
- Work with BI Analysts to execute MI/BI project plans
- Integrate data sources to create functional BI solutions, dashboards, and scorecards.
- Support BI Analysts respond to complex data requests by creating and curating advanced structured queries
- Support Data Science team in data sourcing , classification , and exploratory data analysis in support of AI/ML use cases
- Transform large, disparate datasets into reusable artefacts such as multidimensional cubes, fact tables, data models, views etc. to be maintained in the data warehouse.
- Develop algorithms, dashboards, and reports to solve business questions/use cases
- Develop solutions in agile fashion to deliver quick and incremental value to stakeholders.
- Undertake research and development and apply new techniques in solving business reporting problems.
- Actively challenge status quo and offer ideas to improve operations and existing solutions deployed by colleagues.
- Work within the multidisciplinary teams including data engineers, data scientists, product managers, agile delivery managers, to scope, plan and deliver data driven insight
Education and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, technology, data science, business analytics or math focused fields is preferred (or equivalent on-the-job experience and personal analytics projects).
- Minimum 3-4 years Technical experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in teams and remotely
- Experience in working within a large complex organization with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of agile project management and development techniques
- Experience in object-oriented programing/function scripting languages
- Knowledge of technology project management tools such as JIRA, Planner, DevOps
- Proficiency in using query languages across multiple platforms
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Business Intelligence products
- Experience in use of tools for analytics such as SQL, Alteryx, IDEA, Knime, Power Query
- Experience in use of SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI, Tableau and similar visualization tools
- Experience in development of reusable data artefacts such as multidimensional cubes
- Experience in design and development of analytic data models
- Experience in technical development of BI and MI solutions
- Experience in use of open-source analytical tools such as Python, R etc.
- Knowledge of data preparation for AI / ML
- Working knowledge of SQL, Hadoop and Denodo
- Evidence of working with both structured and unstructured data
- Evidence ability to integrate different tools to deliver technical analytical solutions.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing Date: 2021-09-21