Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Reports to: Senior Manager – Corporate Finance
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
The role is the custodian of supplier transactions for BAT Kenya PLC Group and BAT Area Limited with end-to-end responsibility for; accounting for requisition to pay (RTP) transactions, payments, reconciliations, payables cashflow forecasting and reporting, tax and statutory compliance, payables internal controls and master-data accuracy. The role brings together different business units with the Group Shared Service Centre AP service stream. It also provides financial evaluation, information and advice that enable management to develop and execute effective plans and make informed decisions.
What you will be accountable for
- Maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that supplier payments are valid, complete, accurate, aligned to agreed terms and made in a timely manner
- Perform comprehensive reviews of all vendor transactions, address exceptions, provide insights for development of efficiencies
- Monthly monitoring and reporting of requisition to pay internal controls and responsibility for requisition to pay controls perfection dashboard scores
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely completion of external/statutory audits
- Develop and drive process efficiency improvements, based on best practice and in line with Group standardisation.
- Assist in the delivery of all ad-hoc business projects/requests as required
- Provide accounts payable cashflow forecasts to aid liquidity decisions, including robust analysis of actuals versus forecasts
- Prepare and/or review monthly supplier reconciliations and ensure timely sign-off
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Education: Relevant university degree with professional accountancy qualification (such as ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum of 4 years relevant finance/audit experience
- Working experience with SAP represents an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good influencing skills and adaptability
- Detail oriented and ability to self-lead
We are BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, achieving, together
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How To Apply