Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req20086
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Finance Officer has overall responsibility for supporting the finance functions for the assigned Field Offices & the country program. The Finance Officer responsibilities include internal control, accounting data base management, reconciliation and verification of payment, budget and treasury and cash management functions.
Cash/Bank – Management
- Support in processing of bank and cash transactions.
- Review payment vouchers to ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation up to the set limit.
- Support with weekly cash count and ensure that documentary evidence is duly approved.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are following IRC and funding source policies, procedures, and requirements for all field sites.
- Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet schedules as assigned. Make sure all items in the balance sheet account are current and can be supported
- Tracking staff advances and follow-up of long outstanding balances.
- Closely monitors all financial activities and keeps the Finance Manager advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
- Support the finance manager during external, internal, donor or government audits process.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
- Ensure that statutory deductions are remitted to relevant gov’t office on timely manner
Treasury and Cash Flow Management
- Prepare weekly cashflow statement and advice on the cash needs.
- Coordinates the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests for field offices monthly.
- Assist the filed finance manager on facilitating of introduction or removal of signatories from IRC bank account
- Ensure internal system of record retention are following IRC policy and the local laws.
- Ensure maintenance of uniform standards for documentation, including forms, support documents etc.
- Control access to financial records to authorized staff only.
Month End Close-out
- Support with the monthly close-out process.
- Review monthly field financial report against the original documentation before posting the same on SUN system.
- Posting JVs on SUN.
- Support with any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or CPA II.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting packages & SUN system will be an added advantage.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Must seek to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management appropriate to effect solutions.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the program organization.
- Must be a patient and good communicator who can function in an organizational environment involving a diversity of cultures, languages, and personal interests and agendas.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.