Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Assistant Product Manager – Mtaa Fresh is role will support Mtaa Fresh services in product and market development. Mtaa Fresh supports pit emptiers by safely managing waste from pit latrines in the urban informal settlements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement plans to grow and improve the Mtaa Fresh market and services ensuring adherence to set timelines
- Put in place mechanisms to evaluate performance against plans and guide implementation of corrective action
- Plan and ensure effective use of resources to achieve the agreed objectives
- Lead teammates and stakeholders in problem solving and risk analysis of Mtaa Fresh operations
- Identify opportunities to capture more waste volumes at existing Mtaa Fresh sites
- Based on gaps identified in the market, propose new Mtaa Fresh sites to reach coverage targets
- Lead research activities aimed at understanding the market for Mtaa Fresh including who we are serving/not serving and why
- Identify existing gaps in the market (number of people/pits served vs. the serviceable addressable market
- Analyze data and use findings to propose viable options
- Consistently engage and build relationships with all your stakeholders to understand and meet their needs
- Demonstrate adaptability in your willingness to change your point of view based on objective feedback
- Identify opportunities to improve partnership and increase collaboration for Mtaa Fresh stakeholders
- Develop and implement strategies to build relationships with Manual Pit Emptiers (MPEs) to increase the reach of Mtaa Fresh services
- Develop mechanisms to capture waste sources including the number of people served, MPEs served as a proportion of total market
- Put in place mechanisms to accurately capture data on volume of waste received compared to targets
- Review results and propose actions to improve performance (increasing the reach for Mtaa Fresh services in the market
- Lead the testing of new proposals on Mtaa Fresh growth/expansion in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Evaluate iterations to the current business model to achieve growth and cost targets, potentially in partnership with the Business Excellence, Strategic Projects, or New Products & Services teams
- Identify opportunities to further achieve cost efficiencies at Mtaa Fresh to support organization-wide cost reduction targets
- Leader with blend of business and operational savvy, with strategic thinking and tactical execution skill sets
- 3+ years in product management role, with experience in leading individuals and teams;
- Proven ability to manage customer / product journey across the value chain, identifying challenges, and prioritizing solutions to address customer needs and pain points;
- Strong analytical problem solving skill set, with comfort with intermediate / advanced financial modeling and analysis;
- Ability to collaborate across teams and lead problem-solving brainstorming;
- Excellent communications skills across all mediums (spoken, formal written, email)
- Growth mindset and intrinsically motivated to solve problems as they arise.
- Strong comfort with ambiguity, entrepreneurial AND analytically minded, and passionate about scaling a business unit and solving the global sanitation crisis
30th November 2021