Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organic recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
We are seeking an experienced wheel loader operator/driver to join our team in Kinanie, AthiRiver.
- Follow weekly shift plans and daily set production schedules to execute all assigned tasks as per the work instructions.
- Performing Autonomous Maintenance tasks on the wheel loader daily
- Performing Autonomous Maintenance checks on all vehicles on site as well as attachments which include wheel loader windrow turners, front-loaders, forklifts and other site vehicles
- Attend scrum meetings and other sessions called by the line manager to discuss and resolve work challenges
- Proactively propose to your supervisor possible solutions to challenges affecting productivity, quality, health & safety in your work area
- Lead workmen (turnboys or juniors) at your section to resolve agreed issues
- Actively support and be involved in maintenance activities related to all site vehicles i.e wheel loader, tractors, forklifts and associated attachments”
- Meet biweekly with your supervisor to review and set expectations for your performance
- Report your sections performance against set production schedules to your supervisor on a daily basis on the established platforms
- Training new or existing wheel loader /vehicle drivers on operation of all vehicles (wheel loader/forklift) and attachments
- Work with other section leads to ensure that processes run in sync as per the production schedule
- Lead your teammates in your section to execute daily production schedules
- Attend and actively participate all team meetings
- Maintain effective working relationships through treating your colleagues with respect
- Resolved misunderstandings and report unresolved issues with suggestions to your Supervisor or talent partner
- Have cordial interactions with the community as you do your work
- Report any complaints or concerns raised by existing customers or any other member of the community
- Adhere to set shift plans and work orders.
- Proactively ask or seek clarification from your Supervisor on any areas of work that are unclear
- Openly share ideas during scrum and team meetings on how current processes can be improved
- Participate in new improvements initiatives as assigned by your supervisor
- Use resources assigned to you sparingly as per the resource plan shared by your Supervisor
- Use and handle assigned company assets as per set policy
- Conduct scheduled Gemba walks in your area/section to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Coach fellow workmen and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect and/or challenges/variances in the line of their day to day duties
- Conduct scrum meetings at your section
Skills and qualifications you’ll need :
- Valid driver’s license with appropriate vehicle class qualifications to operate wheel loader, forklifts and tractors including attachments
- At least 2 years experience in operation of wheel loader and attachments (e.g. windrow turners, crawlers, trailers, wagons)
- Diploma will be an added advantage
- Experience in basic tractor maintenance will be an added advantage