Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the direct supervision of Communication for Development Specialist (Health) and Communication for Development Manager , the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Participates in and contributes to the county level community engagement and participation planning, communication strategy development, social and community mapping; Assist C4D specialist in coordination county level assessments and studies related to C4D. Under the guidance of the Chief of field Office and in close collaboration with field programme section staff, establish C4D Rolling Work Plan, identify and articulate C4D specialist technical support needs to complement county level GoK/UNICEF programme implementation and provision of required support.
- Participate and assist in the planning, coordination and execution of development of context specific SBCC materials, assists in formative research, material development, pre-testing and production of culturally relevant communication materials, its monitoring at the county/community level to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery, including facilitating behavior change, where necessary.
- Works closely with and provides technical support to County, Sub County, and GoK/UNICEF programme partners in implementation of community engagement and participation. Plan, coordinate and participate in C4D/community level capacity building training and workshops. Assists in organizing and generates community engagement for community participation.
- Conducts mapping of C4D partners/stakeholders at the county and community levels, establishes network and coordination among stakeholders, key partners and community groups that contribute to meaningful community engagement and participation.
- Contributes and assist community level program monitoring tool development, conduct regular supportive supervision for community engagement and participation, support ensuring of program uptake is on the right truck; Produce and share all monitoring report for action and provide feedback on the way forward/recommendations.
- Contributes and compiles county level program report writing and preparation. Reviews the allocation and disbursement of programme fund, ensures monitoring of funds and its timely liquidation. Drafts articles, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials as appropriate. Establishes/maintain all C4D/program related documentation.
- Any other duty assigned by the C4D Manager/C4D Specialist and Chief of Field Office
- At least 2 years’ experience in the areas of communication for development planning, media and material development, preferably in the area of communication for the Immunization and outbreak response programme.
- Knowledge and familiarity with UNICEF work.
- Previous experience supporting the health sector in communication for development related areas
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with UNICEF and Communication for Development Programming
- Previous work experience in counties covered by Kisumu Zonal Office is considered an asset
- Ability to provide quality technical support, with minimum supervision and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with government counterpart at national, county and subcounty level
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent