Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The LNOB initiative in Kenya seeks to engage a consultant to carry out a research on inclusion of persons with disabilities in the SDGs Voluntary National Review mechanisms, including the planning, monitoring, and budget formulation and reporting processes to build up on the first phase of the research and guided by LNOB SDGs focus and targets indicated in the section above.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in social science, education, development studies, governance and accountability or in relevant subject preferably with a concentration in Social Sciences
• Demonstrated experience in research activities and participatory approaches
• Exhibit an understanding on sustainable development goals and the principle of leaving no one behind.
• Understanding of disability and gender inclusion
• Good command of MS Word, Excel, and data analysis packages
• Familiarity with English and Kiswahili as a language.
• Experience working with Persons with Disabilities is desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good rapport with relevant stakeholders
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
How To Apply
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.