Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Responsible for day-to-day finance operations and related controls. To manage in country finance statutory requirements, including tax and statutory reporting. Ensure production of accurate internal financial data and external financial statutory reports. Compliance with VSO’s accounting practices and tax requirements (both UK and Kenya; promote continued process improvement; and provide user-focused financial services and a strong control environment.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor of Commerce & Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA, or international equivalent)
• Strong technical accounting skills, especially in relation to UK and Kenya statutory accounting
• Sound knowledge of Charity specific accounting, VAT, taxation and other compliance requirements
• Experience in preparing or managing local [country] payroll
• Strong analytical skills and highly numerate
• Strong IT skills, including accounting and reporting packages and especially Excel
• Experience of identifying and implementing process, system and control improvements
• Hands-on, pro-active approach to working; proven to be detail-oriented
• Experience of effectively managing and developing staff
• Experience of building relationships with and managing internal and external stakeholders
• Good written and verbal communication skills, in particular an ability to present and explain financial information clearly to staff at all levels, including non-financial staff, both internally and externally
• Effective influencing and networking skills
• Ability to work autonomously, using own initiative where needed, to deliver desired results in a timely fashion, with minimum supervision, prioritising and managing workload accordingly
• Commitment to VSO’s mission and values
• SUN systems / Q&A XL experience
• Experience in the not for profit and International Development sectors
• Able to undertake occasional international travel
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
How To Apply
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.