Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU, http://www.aku.edu) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in multiple health science and social science disciplines, carries out research pertinent primarily to low- and middle-income countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff.
The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access. The Medical College has 4-year Master of Medicine degrees in anaesthesia, family medicine, medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, pathology, radiology, and surgery.
Currently the University offers fellowship programmes in the following specialties: Cardiology, Infectious Diseases, Neonatology and Paediatric Neurology.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Principal Investigator of the research study.
The research assistant will provide administrative support in data collection, data entry and other aspects of research to the study principal investigator and project team.
- Ensuring that all participants have informed consent/assent filled before enrollment.
- Data Extraction from Medical Chart reviews for identified patients
- Data coding and presentation in the formats required by the PI
- Recruit study participants
- Custodian for Study documentation – study logs and storing confidential information about participants securely
- Monitor and oversee all study related activities on site
- Ensuring that all questionnaires are filled on hard/soft copy.
- Maintaining study materials.
- Medical Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience in a hospital environment
- Previous work experience in a research project would also be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Team player
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Good grooming and self-presentation
How To Apply