Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in multiple health science and social science disciplines, carries out research pertinent primarily to low- and middle-income countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As a leading international institution dedicated to excellence and change, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
Under the direction of the Assistant Registrar, Kenya, perform a variety of specialized duties related to the admissions and registration processes; assist in compiling entity-based student data; play lead role in admissions and records, and provide reports on registration matters so as to achieve and maintain the University’s academic standards and quality assurance.
- Coordinate and work with relevant teams such as Strategic Communications and Academic Units to ensure that priority advertisement materials are prepared and disseminated to facilitate application to programmes on offer.
- Assist in planning, organizing and conducting the admissions and registration processes, including selection interviews.
- Conduct verification of applicants’ academic and professional qualifications.
- In coordination with the Associate Registrar, Systems, set up academic terms for applications and update appropriate course listings for student enrolment.
- Coordinate, organise, and implement the academic standing process and present grade reports to facilitate decision-making by academic committees for student progression, probation, rustication or dismissal status each term.
- Assist evaluators in the review, evaluation, and maintenance of academic records and transcripts.
- Assist in determining if courses from other institutions meet requirements for credit transfer according to existing policies.
- Process term withdrawals, deferred admissions, petitions, and work with academic heads to ensure students meet the requirements for continuity of studies.
- Assist in generation of reports for the Registrar.
- Assist with the planning and organizing of student’s graduation.
- Disseminate appropriate materials and information to students and staff as requested from time to time.
- Draft mandated letters, schedule and coordinate large mailings to students.
- Participation in programme committees related to admissions, records, academic progression, graduation, awards, orientation, etc.
- Ensure that the Assistant Registrar is updated on all matters regarding the functions of the Registrar’s Office at the academic unit level.
- Explain and interpret policies and procedures related to registration, records, and student academic standing.
- Must possess a university degree from a recognized post secondary institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within a university environment, preferably in academic administration.
- Experience in academic record management.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Significant experience working with the suite of Microsoft software.
- Experience working with an ERP database, preferred.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, demonstrated through the ability to work independently and with multiple deadlines.
How To Apply