Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Pharmacist will provide quality pharmaceutical services that are efficacious, safe and cost effective and that meet or exceed the expectation of the patients.
- Review and verify written prescriptions for authenticity, validity, indication, dose, strength route, form, duration, drug interactions and assure that drugs are dispensed in proper manner.
- Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing to prevent anomalies in service delivery.
- Prepare, compound and dispense drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Maintain prescription record, for proper maintenance of records, and retrieval
- Compute and record prescription charges
- Perform a thorough clinical check on all treatment sheets and discharge prescriptions
- Identify, resolve and prevent potential and actual drug –related problems and reviews patient profiles for drug interactions, allergies, contraindications and adverse drug reactions to determine and implement optimal drug therapy.
- Communicate directly with physicians, nurses and other health care providers to relate information regarding patient drug therapy.
- Conduct patient counselling on medicines, devices and adherence to therapy.
- Ensure proper inventory management of drugs and supplies, their storage and handling and updating of the inventory records on a regular basis, to ensure product conformity.
- Monitor drug consumption and prepare reports regarding drug usage in the hospital and utilize reports to determine levels to be set on the IT System.
- Monitor ad hoc drug requests, out of stock drugs and non-stock drug orders
- Maintain strict control over usage of controlled drugs such as narcotics, for compliance with policy on dangerous drugs, and avoid misuse.
- Facilitate nursing floor Inspections on a monthly basis and satellite inspections daily.
- Participate in quarterly stock takes and prepare variance reports within stated times.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all interventions and recommendations regards drug therapy and rational use of drugs, and their outcomes.
- Provide drug and poison information to medical personnel on availability and usage of drugs, drug to drug interactions and adverse effects of these drugs, and appropriately document the same.
- Monitor and record adverse drug reactions and medication incidents.
- Schedule and conduct operational and quality indicator audits.
- Provide training to other healthcare professionals.
- Proactively participate in departmental continuous medical education.
- B.Sc. in Pharmacy
- Certificate and Practicing License from Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Registered with Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya
- At least 1 year experience preferably in a hospital
- Heart Saver Certification
- Demonstrable supervisory skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Remarkable ability to follow through on tasks assigned.
- Sound knowledge of teaching and the methods involved in learning and instruction.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound time-management skills.
How To Apply