Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Company:Apollo Asset Managment
- Location: Head Office Nairobi
- Employment Type:Permanent
- Job Id:1tHoCRnVHj
- Date added:11-Sep-2021
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and management of the company in the development of strategic objectives and goals
- Provide leadership to the company management team by supporting the execution and achievement of the agreed company’s strategic objectives. In particular:
- Manage Group funds in accordance with the client mandates
- Review, update, management of unit trusts
- Review, update plan for management of third party funds
- Profitably grow all business lines in accordance with the agreed and approved budgets
- Deliver on the agreed key performance indicators
- Overall responsibility for managing the Company’s capital requirements and return on capital
- Expand the Unit Trusts distribution strategy including the use of the Direct Sales Force of other Group companies
- Manage and drive investment performance through:
- Approve and implement investment decisions and transactions within agreed mandates
- Undertake research(internally or through third parties) to guide the development of house view and recommendations for investment decisions
- Evaluate and monitor portfolio performance against benchmarks, identify reasons for divergence, and proposing suitable action
- Implement comprehensive CRM programs and complying with approved customer service charter and standards that will enhance profitable growth
- Overall responsibility for ensuring adequate internal controls are followed and processes are in place and followed
- Provide leadership in the development of innovative,customer-oriented products and initiatives that support the achievement of long-term profitable growth
- Overall responsibility for operational efficiency of the company by ensuring proper policies, systems, and procedures are in place to effectively manage and control the business
- Ensure effective IT and BCP strategy is always in place to support the achievement of the organizational objectives.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of an effective risk management framework for the company.
- Responsible for HR management including attraction,development, and retention of staff through sustaining a performance-driven culture across the organization
- Responsible for the promotion of the corporate brand and identity in line with the approved Corporate Communications strategy
- Ensure adherence to the corporate governance standards as set by the Board including the Approvals Framework and compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and other relevant requirements.
- Provide appropriate management reports and other information to the GCEO, GEXCO, and Board.
- Take lead and provide support in company-specific events
- Review and approval of investment valuation reports
- Implement audit, risk, and other reports (internal and external) in a timeous manner; and
- Participate and support Group CSR activities Person Specifications
- Master’s degree in related field from a recognized university;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Technical skills in insurance and finance
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. CFA
- Registered member of ICIFA and any other relevant professional body
- At least 12 years relevant experience with at least 5 years managerial experience
Send mail to email@example.com