Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Business Development Specialist
Div/Dept: Global Operations
Location: Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Grants Acquisition and Management Manager
The Business Development Specialist will support ChildFund International’s grant acquisition strategy and in the development and realization of the resource mobilization strategy in country in order to support the implementation of CO’s country strategic plan. S/he will support in the management of the business development efforts working closely with the Grants Acquisition and Management Manager with roles including proposal development, prospecting potential donors and managing relationships. H/she will serve as a Country Office resource for the conceptualization, development, technical design and writing of quality proposals. The Business Development Specialist will work in close coordination and collaboration with CO Technical, Finance and Business Development Team.
Resource Mobilization Strategy
- Ensure that CO grants Business Development activity aligns with ChildFund’s Business Development Policy, Procedures and Practices.
- Support in the implementation of the country resource mobilization strategy; Actively participate in the preparation of the Country Office plans and budgets to ensure conformity with the country strategic plan and organisational grant acquisition strategy.
- Coordinate and support in market study, donor mapping and country office capture plan to ensure strong fundraising pipeline. In collaboration with the GAAM, the post holder will ensure robust analysis of the funding pipeline and proactively support actions to strengthen it.
- Working in close coordination with the CO’s technical team ensure design of quality and competitive proposals.
- Gather relevant and timely intelligence information necessary for grant acquisition; identify grant opportunities and relevant institutional guidance materials to share with relevant departments.
- Support the use of organizational system and tools (including Sales force) to support the execution of the resource mobilization strategy.
Networking and Relationship building
- Maintain proactive, coordinated and strategic engagement with potential donors.
- Ensure business development documentation and material are up to date and ready for sharing with potential donors
Proposal Development /Grant writing
- Ensure business processes are in place for quality proposal development in compliance with donor requirements and ChildFund’s Business Development Policy, Procedures and Practices. As a key member of the proposal development team, conducting desk reviews to inform proposal strategy, such as Go/No-go decisions, problem analysis, partnering and staffing decisions.
- In coordination with technical teams, develop evidence based ChildFund capability and experience (e.g. capacity statements, past performance references, reports and evaluations).
- Ensure the proper use of Sales force to record funding opportunities from cultivation to award.
Knowledge Management, Learning and Sharing
- Develop and maintain knowledge management system for tracking opportunities from capture to award including maintaining a repository of proposal development templates, pre-award tools, program concepts, capacity statements, proposal templates, pricing tables etc.
- Lead the management of the knowledge database to ensure information is shared among technical team, field program and other concerned staff, to capture new opportunities and track the ongoing grants.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child fund’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Business Development and/or grant writing preferable in an International development organization.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and donor’s expectation management
- Proven ability to manage teams and work in a demanding environment
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint),
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual
- English fluency
Master’s degree in public relations/business development or other relevant area. Experience in fundraising/investor relations /marketing or closely related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience would be considered.
The Business Development Specialist can draw on the support of business development team members in the development of his/her responsibilities. The primary team members for this position will be:
- Program and Partnership
- Multi – Grant accountant
- Business Development Advisor
Closing Date: Sep 27, 2021
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position