Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Wajir invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position.
WCPSB/004/2021: ASSISTANT LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION OFFICER III J/G H (5 POSTS)
Duties and responsibilities
- Communicate to farmers livestock information and encourage farmers to adopt new, improved methods of livestock keeping
- Establish and organize field days, demonstration forums, workshops and training forums for farmers
- Liaising with stakeholders in training on specialized areas.
- Train famers, selected groups and community members on the various recommended livestock practices for improved livestock breeds
- Act as a link between the farmers and Research Institutions and stakeholders on information exchange and technology development and transfer
- Facilitate and participate in undertakings of on–farm research vii. Link farmers with sources of credit facilities
- Monitor livestock production activities in the extension unit and take part in the collection and documentation of data on livestock farmers
Requirements for appointment
- Diploma in Animal Production, Livestock Production, Veterinary, Dairy Science, or any related field
- Registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board
- Experience in community based livestock programs
- Outstanding administrative capability and professional competence in managing
livestock production services.
- At least one (1) year work experience in a related field
How To apply
Applications shall include a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), Copies of academic and professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identification Card, Statutory clearance documents and other supporting documents to be sent in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the Position Title and Advert Number to:–
The Secretary/CEO Wajir County Public Service Board
P O BOX 45 – 70200 WAJIR
Hand delivered applications should be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s offices at Wajir County Headquarters. No online applications. Applications should reach us on or before Wednesday, 29th September 2021. No online applications
Please note that: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Wajir County is an equal opportunity employer
Women, Youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
THE SECRETARY/CEO WAJIR COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD.