Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean, and road freight specialist.
We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Connecting People. Improving Lives.
Currently we are looking for an ambitious and energetic Head of Airfreight in – DGF Kenya to participate in designing and ensuring the implementation of AFR strategy. And also to deliver flow of goods and information across the customer’s global supply chain by utilizing air transportation, maximizing profitability and optimizing utilization of business and human assets in line with business strategy and objectives, corporate guidelines and policies.
Would you like to make customers feel valued and encourage them to remain loyal to DPDHL Company?
If this sounds like something you would like to do, Please read on and apply only if you meet the essential knowledge, skills & experience!.
- Responsible for policy and strategy implementation and short-term results (1 year or less).
- Problems faced are difficult to moderately complex.
- Contribute to develop AFR strategy in line with business strategy and requirements, corporate guidelines and policies.
- Ensure development of air freight forwarding plans and budgets, and achievement of productivity targets and measures to provide air freight forwarding for internal and external customers.
- Design and execute plans for air freight products in areas such as perishables, pharmaceutical, aviation, etc.
- Achieve commercial airline haul requirements for the designated area in the country/ region and hub within the prescribed cost and budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure implementation of tight financial control and maintenance of operating protocols on an area basis for the commercial airline haul activities.
- Scan alternatives to enhance service, secure cost-effective and competitive line haul, and negotiate competitive rates with airline suppliers while meeting desired service specifications and transit time targets.
- Oversee RFQ development and clearly communicate guidelines for development of RFQs, particularly for high priority RFQs provide detailed guidance and for critical RFQs conduct launch calls and TRB calls.
- Ensure pricing activities and responses to enquiries in a timely, efficient and globally competitive manner, guide regions/ countries on pricing, and monitor timely and accurate updating of local tariff.
- Guide development and maintenance of data bank of country specific information to enable quick responses to specific network queries.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers through regular customer visits.
- Review account performances to win new/ additional and retain existing business, and provide monthly reports to management.
- Review processes and design systems to enhance service quality and alignment with company’s direction and long-term goals.
- Study issues, determine opportunities and introduce best practices for AFR focusing on increasing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with business leaders across DPDHL.
- Cooperate with and coordinate 3rd parties e.g. external service providers.
- Advise customers and key stakeholders on processes, systems and tools.
- Manage experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments.
- Lead mentor and develops the airfreight operations team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be reporting into the Managing Director East Africa and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- At least 6 years of operational freight experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Management & leadership experience, ability to manage in matrix setup.
- Interest in digital solutions.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Open minded, willing & able to learn and try out new things.
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with all levels of an organization.
- Strong change management skills.
- Ability to analyze and improve business processes.
- Project leadership and project management skills.
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possibility to lead and manage team & further career development
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Competitive salary
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Application deadline is till 30th September,2021.