Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req20094
Job Title: Grants and Partnerships Coordinator
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The IRC’s Airbel Impact Lab designs, tests, and scales life-changing, cost-effective solutions for people affected by conflict and disaster. By applying the IRC’s deep technical expertise and field experience with a range of skills from the behavioral sciences, human-centered design, rigorous research, and multi-disciplinary problem-solving in humanitarian contexts, we work to develop breakthrough solutions that combine creativity and rigor, openness and expertise, and a desire to think afresh with the experience of a large-scale implementing organization.
The Grants and Partnerships Coordinator will oversee a complex portfolio of restricted funding from a range of public and private donors and deliver high-quality grants and partnership management. This includes providing business development support on large strategic proposals with a focus on public and institutional donors, managing partnerships and sub-awards, providing expert advice on donor compliance issues, leading on portfolio-level quality assurance, managing budgets and expenditure tracking, and ensuring excellent reporting and closeout for all Airbel projects.
Working closely with project leads, Country Program and HQ grants staff, finance and business development, you will bring your extensive proposal development, budgeting, finance, and grants management expertise to ensure that all of Airbel’s projects are set up and managed to the highest possible standards.
Pre-Award and Business Development Support
● In collaboration with Airbel technical leads, support the grants team to coordinate new grant proposals for public opportunities and liaise with relevant staff in country programs and the Awards Management Unit for effective and timely proposal development including: researching the donor/call for proposals, creating timelines, following up on team deadlines, completion of standardized organizational sections of proposal applications, and quality assurance of full proposals.
● Lead on internal competition processes for proposal development, including facilitation of expressions of interest from Airbel technical leads to be provided to IRC leadership for decision-making on prioritization of projects.
● Create budgets for new projects, working closely in conjunction with technical project leads and following IRC’s internal budget review processes.
● Lead on the review and signature process of agreements and contracts, working with the External Relations and Compliance units to closely follow IRC processes for awards.
● Act as key focal point for communications with select donors, representing Airbel in negotiations of contractual terms and communicating relevant priorities to donors and internal business development units.
Grant and Budget Management
● Ensure utilization of IRC standard grant management processes across all Airbel grants, and if required develop or refine tools, systems, or processes to enhance grant management.
● Be the in-house expert on donor regulations and ensure Airbel projects are set up to meet stringent compliance requirements.
● Support grants team on the effective setup of grants processes for new projects, including facilitating Project Opening Meetings, creation of procurement and spending plans with technical leads, alignment of roles and responsibilities between Airbel and other IRC units, and internal and external communication protocols.
● Support overall quality assurance of project portfolio grant management during project implementation including coordination of regular Project Implementation and Closing Meetings.
● Support grants/finance team to review monthly spending to ensure expenses are in line with grant requirements and projected spending.
● Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, updating Airbel’s grants tracker, and tracking reporting and project cycle management meeting schedules.
● Support grants team to coordinate creation of grant reports with project leads, including managing timelines, providing guidance, and inputting into non-technical sections to ensure all narrative reports are submitted on time to high standard with necessary reviews.
● Manage and coordinate the approval of agreements, amendments, cost extensions, and no-cost extensions for Airbel grants.
● Supervise the Grants and Budget Manager, ensuring quality outputs, coaching on best practices, and pushing forward technical and professional development opportunities.
● Lead on new subaward processes, including pre-award partner vetting, due diligence, subcontracting, reporting, and relationship management throughout implementation.
● Coordinate approval of subaward amendments, cost extensions and no-cost extensions as needed.
● Act as an expert on internal policies and procedures around partnership contracting and management, including IRC’s Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS).
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Director, People & Operations
Position directly supervises: Grants and Budget Manager
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
● Chief Research and Innovation Officer
● Airbel Core Team
● Technical Unit Directors and Team Members
● Country Program Leadership, Finance, and Grants staff
● Bachelor’s degree International Affairs, Public Administration, Economics, Business Studies, Accounting, or other related fields, or commensurate professional experience
● At least 4-6 years of related work experience, preferably for an International Non-Governmental Organization
● Excellent budget management skills including experience tracking expenses and developing spending plans, including high proficiency in Excel.
● Experience in developing and managing project concepts and funding proposals for humanitarian / development work from governmental, institutional and research-oriented donors across multiple sectors such as health, education and protection
● Experience managing complex grants and projects throughout implementation, including compliance, monitoring and reporting processes.
● Experience in building partnerships for development and humanitarian funding as well as negotiation of programmatic and financial contractual arrangements with donors and partners.
● Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced environment and ability to effectively see projects through from start to finish.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and work on a virtual team;
● Flexible work attitude, proactive and demonstrated creativity: the ability to work productively in a team environment and the ability to problem solve creatively with minimal guidance;
● Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required
● Standard office work environment or remote work
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.