Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Senior Youth Officer
Closing date for applications: 8th October 2021
Reports to: Protection and Social Cohesion Manager
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya – Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Senior Youth Officer
Reporting to the Protection and Social Cohesion Manager, the post holder will manage the Youth Protection and development programme and supervise Youth protection and development staff.
- Oversee implementation of Youth Program activities and ensure that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations
- Take lead in the design of youth programmes and proposal development
- Ensure that the Youth program activities are is implemented in ways responsive to communities, partners and children in line with LWF principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with LWFs procedures
- Work with the Youth Program staff to develop work-plans and follow up with team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track
- Monitor program progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets, making adjustments to programme design as necessary and ensure quality.
- Prepare timely and high quality programme and donor and internal reports on project activities in compliance with internal LWF requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Ensure that Youth Program field staff understand the technical requirements for implementation
- Conduct periodic review of annual plans to identify bottlenecks and the ways those bottlenecks could be addressed
- Create partnerships and networks with other partners, county and sub county officials and other stakeholders for promoting youth activities
- Act as a mentor and role model for community youth and youth staff.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience with Youth or Youth-Centered programming in emergency/ Humanitarian contexts Or development programmes.
- Bachelor in social sciences, international development or other relevant field. Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- Familiar in designing and managing donor funds such as DCA UNHCR, BPRM, and other major donor projects and understanding of donor compliance
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well understood project reports
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Key technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of arts and creativity industry;
- Skills and Talent Development
- Leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of results based management, logical framework approach;
- Organizational skills;
- Communication skills;
- Computer skills;
- Time management skills;
- Team working skills;
- Complex problem solving;
- Contract Duration: up to December 2021 ( with the possibility of extension)
- Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by LWF
- Duty Station: Kakuma