Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition-free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women’s empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence, and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
Reports to: Head Teacher
Location: Mathare, Nairobi
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favourable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing a generation of strong, ethical, community centred female leaders of tomorrow.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Teach both theory and practical ICT to students.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in and out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Education with ICT Major or P1 with strong ICT teaching experience
- At least three years of ICT teaching experience
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers
- Should have ability to design ICT Curriculum
- Knowledge of STEM Curriculum will be an added advantage
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager email@example.com. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Shortlisting will be done on a rolling out basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.