Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To provide Office Administrative support services to the entire business in support of the Toyota Kenya business strategy. The Support services includes facilities management, insurance, office administration and management of outsourced services.
- Lead and supervise the administration team to ensure adherence with company guiding principles as well as the achievement of set targets.
- Facilitate the training and development for the administration staff in line with TKEN’s policies for improved service delivery.
- Carry out performance appraisals of team members in line with company requirements for performance management purposes.
- Supervise and offer guidance to the Outsourced Service in-plants (cleaning team, tea service, landscaping, archive services and other admin allied works) to ensure delivery of quality and timely services.
- Organize transport for staff members as and when required.
- Prepare and update the asset register for Insurance purposes and manage all insurance covers to ensure there are no uninsured risks.
- Coordinate risk assessments and asset valuations on a regular basis for appropriate action.
- Negotiate insurance premiums with service providers to support cost efficiency for Toyota Kenya.
- Report, document and follow up all the insurance claims to ensure that all claims are settled in a timely manner.
- Negotiate and constantly review Service Level Agreements and contracts with various suppliers on behalf of the company and ensure value of money.
- Ensure utilities across the Company including water, electricity, telephone are fully functional and bills are paid for on time to avoid service disruptions.
- Keep custody of the company seal, company contracts, title deeds, vehicle spare keys, logbooks and company records in the Archives, to ensure minimal exposure to unauthorised persons, safety from wear and tear, as well as to support ease in access when required.
- Visit branches to ensure compliance with set standards and regulatory provisions.
- Identify need for and purchase furniture for staff for efficient service delivery.
- Allocate space, compute rent, prepare leases and collect rent from tenants occupying Toyota Kenya buildings.
- Provide administrative support in the purchase of assets used in the setup of new branches to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in new branch set up.
- Supervision of approved maintenance/repair works
- Ensure facilities preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Regular update of the Company vehicle list.
- Ensure all business licenses, vehicle transfers, KG plates, parking fees, land rates and rents and other statutory obligations are paid for timeously and licenses obtained
Job Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration or related field
- Certificate in Facilities management
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance will be an added advantage
- At least eight years’ experience in a similar position
- Good interpersonal skills
- Internal customers
- Administration team
- Management Team
- Staff members
- County Governments
- Outsourced Services
- Regulatory Bodies e.g. KEBs, NTSA,
- MCSK, NPS etc.
- Membership Associations e.g. KAM
- Budgeting knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Project management
- Financial management
- Automotive industry awareness
- Toyota Retail Concept, Toyota facility guidelines and knowledge of TKEN business units
- Human resource management
- Performance management
- Organization & planning
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Benchmarking & evaluation
- Negotiation Skills
- Integrity, analytical & numerical skills
- Leadership and management-ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement
- Performance Management and team building
- Decision making– ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner and to be accountable for decision making within departmental and role allocation and advise departments on major financial implications and critical decisions required
- Professionalism –maintains a professional approach based on ethics and TKEN values
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures TKEN is not put at reputational risk
- Building consensus and influencing-ability to influence various players across all TKEN departments
- Communication Skills
- Customer orientation-is customer focused striking a solid balance between external and internal customer orientation
- Resilience –is able to withstand strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum
- Emotional Intelligence-manages emotions in a mature and composed manner as expected of a leader
How To Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed curriculum together with a cover letter by close of business on Monday 20th September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Manager, General Administration as the header of your email.