Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Housing Officer, the holder of this position will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of the hostel reception.
- The delivery of the highest levels of good customer service.
- To be a first point of contact for all who come to Hostels including staff, visitors and clients.
- To welcome staff, visitors and clients, sign clients and visitors in and out accurately and ensure that access is granted accordingly.
- To operate the switchboard, redirecting calls or taking messages as appropriate.
- To take in post, parcels and other delivered items; sort and distribute accordingly.
- Providing a professional and welcoming environment for all clients.
- Liaise with Housing Officer and Resident assistants to arrange for appointments for any assessments.
- Be aware of the general wellbeing of the residence highlighting any concerns to the housing officer.
- Ensure that the reception and surrounding area remain clean and tidy at all times and ensure that information displayed about the housing section is up to date.
- Ensure that the Reception Handover book and any supporting information is maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensure that any personal information received verbally or in writing is treated confidentially and is only passed on to appropriate colleagues.
- Handle hostel security duties to enhance harmony and take corrective measures where necessary.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C– (minus).
- Diploma in Front Office Operations.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility changing environment.
- Reporting writing skills.
- Advanced computing skills.
- Confidentiality and high level of integrity.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good Communication skills.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide a current CV ONLY with names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: 5.00pm, Monday, September 20, 2021.
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer