Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the University Librarian, the holder of this position will be responsible for handling all the administrative duties within the library to ensure seamless and effective service delivery to all clients.
- Manage the University Librarian’s diary to ensure smooth running of scheduled appointments.
- Prepare department’s manual payment/purchase requisitions and local purchase orders (LPOs) for authorization by the University Librarian to ensure timely delivery of books, services and non-stock stationery.
- Prepare correspondence for the University Librarian’s signature to ensure accurate and efficient service delivery
- Receive department mail for distribution to addressees to facilitate communication
- Follow up and confirm all payments and requisitions made with the Finance Department for timely payment and maintenance of records
- Responsible for making all flight and hotel reservations for all departmental staff to ensure timely travel and accommodation reservations
- Create, maintain and update University Librarian’s filing system for ease of reference; Maintain stock of personnel utility forms for ease of acquisition and use by the department staff.
- Ensure proper external communication information/public relations – respond to telephone queries from the general public and from internal members. Telephone and reception duties to effectively attend to the University Librarian and direct callers and visitors for timely and appropriate assistance to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Prepare stationery transport, job card requisitions and organize for security gate passes for the University Librarian/department to ensure effective service delivery.
- Receive (written) booking requests of the library conference room and secure the venue to facilitate scheduled meetings
- Responsible for logistics for library functions, meetings, events, workshops etc.
- Record departmental staff meeting minutes for reference purposes
- Receive and acknowledge theses from schools, book donations, etc., maintain a record of items received and forward to acquisitions in record time
- Receive theses /dissertations from students for binding and maintain an accurate record of all theses received and collected
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Advanced Secretarial level.
- Three years’ experience in a similar setting preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- Computer Skills.
- The applicant must be a team builder with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Computer literate.
- Work experience in an institutional office is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with multi-tasking ability from experience of handling a busy office.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Creative, high initiative and accurate results-oriented with ability to pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge of office management with secretarial background.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide a current CV ONLY with names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: 5.00pm, Monday, September 20, 2021.
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer