Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Incumbent serves as the Principal Class B Cashier at Embassy Nairobi. Is personally liable to the United States Disbursing officer at Charleston Global Financial Service Center for operating cash advance equivalent to USD 350,000.
- The incumbent has responsibility for full range of Cashier and cash management duties including processing collections (USD 10.7M), accommodation exchange (USD 16.20M), disbursements (USD 1.68M), reconciling financial transactions and serving as a representative of the U.S. Disbursing officer.
- Must follow regulatory security guidelines in place when depositing and withdrawing funds from the local USDO bank and pays attention to the annual COBRA report. Coordinates Embassy’s Automatic Teller Machine in liaison with the Local bank, RSO and security company. Ensure that ICASS Cashiering services are provided to 64 agency cost centers, maintain quarterly ICASS Cashier workload counts. Reports directly to the DFMO.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be computer literate and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to use keyboard, calculators and cash counting machines.
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and be tactful and professional in dealing with a diverse range of employees often high-ranking officers who require cashier services.
- Must be extremely accurate in record keeping and have the ability to verify the accuracy of figures.
- Must understand the concept of shared services and the accuracy of statistical workload.
- Ability to deal with all personnel problems objectively and professionally.
- Self-motivated, to manage time effectively, to prioritize, plan, organize workflow and work independently.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, kenya may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How To Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold local Police Clearance Clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- University degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Curicullum Vitae (CV)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, Kenya.