Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Baraza Media Lab:
Baraza Media Lab is a new and exciting space for networking, collaborating, and
experimenting among Kenya’s media practitioners — journalists, bloggers, writers, artists,
filmmakers, cartoonists, social media experts, technologists, and other cross-disciplinary
collaborators. The Vision of the Lab is to create a conducive environment for public interest
media to thrive.
Our mission is to build a strong collective voice among Kenyan media practitioners and
storytellers, providing workspaces, carefully curated events, and projects to spark
cross-disciplinary collaborations, and nurturing the kinds of alternative media ventures that
present new opportunities for financial sustainability.
The Research Lead will be responsible for leading and conducting research, producing user-friendly reports and creative outputs, and managing research partnerships related to the Creative Economy sectors and related trends.
The successful candidate will have experience managing applied research projects in a formal context and will need to show evidence of experience in managing at least two research projects outside their academic research.
Objectives for this role:
- Application of research skills and mine datasets to create impactful analyses and visualizations on Baraza’s key projects
- Review large amounts of data from multiple sources and curate the relevant facts
- Perform statistical analysis using R/Stata and Qualitative analysis tools
- Leverage analytical techniques and technologies to interrogate, visualize and understand data sets
- Support data and design production to research, scrape, refine, verify and interpret data to serve Creative Economy’s portfolios
- Work proactively and think critically to improve data and study design components of projects, tools, and data stories created by the team
- Project-manage research projects, including creating and managing plans, schedules, budgets, deliverables, and stakeholders’ contributions
- Manage the process and ensure research findings/reports/presentations are announced and distributed. Seek and manage the development and distribution of new/innovative methods for sharing the finding with internal and external stakeholders
- Directly contribute to and manage the creation of research reports and presentations including drafting the findings report and presentation and collaborating with stakeholders on design and production
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis, and follow-through
- Contribute to the development of project reports and other knowledge products including research articles, briefings, and presentations
- Provide any other necessary support as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Post graduate’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or Development Research or related field; continuing postgraduate students with capacity to take on the role will be considered
- At least 4 years of working experience in a research field or as a data analyst
- Experience undertaking research in a Creative Economy sector is strongly desirable
- Knowledge and skills in Qualitative and Quantitative research methods.
- Experience in writing proposals, research write-ups
- Experience in developing research tools for qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience using statistical languages such as R/Stata
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proven success in present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively
- Strong analytical skills, numerical confidence, and ability to translate numbers into clear insights and recommendations
- Knowledge and experience in human-centered design
- Demonstrated experience in managing research projects
- Solid project management skills to oversee a portfolio of projects at different stages in the research lifecycle
- A critical thinker, who is curious, intuitive, and pays attention to details
- Innovative with ideas on approaches to collecting, evaluating, and modeling datasets that will be used as the foundation for the company’s future solutions
- Strong work ethic and thrives on working across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of the Creative Economy is desirable
How To apply
Please submit your application here no later than 27th September.