Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title:Case Processing Assistant
Level: Senior Office Technician
This position is responsible for the processing of refugee case files under the direction of a designated Case Processing Unit Supervisor.
This position reports directly to a Case Processing Supervisor.
- Completes all tasks related to refugee case processing as assigned by the unit Supervisor, ensuring strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains complete and accurate records in START and physical files of all actions taken on a case.
- Receives, creates and enters new applications in START.
- Creates physical files and updates data in WRAPS as appropriate.
- Review cases to ensure they are good for Prescreen or USCIS interviews.
- Schedules cases in WRAPS as per the calendar and matrix provided.
- Requests security checks and updates data in START as appropriate.
- Scans and attaches documents in START.
- Holistically reviews and ensures case is ready for the next stage in process.
- Prepares decision letters for onward distribution to refugee applicants.
- Reviews cases in START and physical file and completes travel packets for travel ready cases.
- Conducts regular quality assurance checks to ensure cases are consistently and correctly updated, both electronically and in the physical file.
- Completes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Five (5) years of paid work experience is required, or a Bachelor’s Degree in lieu of five years paid work experience.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The Case Processing Assistant must have the ability to:
- accurately type 5100 ksph with a 95% accuracy rating;
- achieve 80% pass mark on administered assessments;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to the overall operations of RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires lifting, bending, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/ pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level and using fine finger movements.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will work in an open plan office.
Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the past one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.
The candidate should be willing to work overtime on weekdays and weekends if required.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation. Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.