Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HIAS is an international non-profit organization that stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety, and opportunity. HIAS’ operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through community-based protection including psychosocial support, resilience building and the provision of durable solutions.
Organizationally, HIAS is guided by its Refugee Rights Framework. This right based approach, based on international human rights and humanitarian and refugee law and practice, provides a programming framework for HIAS’ focus on refugee protection. HIAS’ programming impact seeks to ensure that forcibly displaced people become contributors to society through the realization of their legal and civil rights and social and economic rights, to include 1) the right to protection from harm, violence, and discrimination, 2) the right to recovery from the shock of displacement, and 3) the right to economic self-sufficiency and inclusion.
HIAS seeks to recruit an IT Assistant. The IT Assistant will support the Information Technology (IT) Officer in systems and users, install computer systems and software, and maintain computer networks, networks infrastructure and connectivity and to ensure no service disruption. Provide training to staff and new technology users as required and ensure enhanced and capacity build of all staff in IT related components and policies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the IT Officer in provision of IT support, training, and orientation for staff and new technology users.
- Provide support in troubleshooting and repair, where IT equipment and networks malfunction as well as regular maintenance of IT equipment and networks.
- Walk staff through solutions to solve problems and direct questions to supervisors or specialists when necessary.
- Follow scripts to provide effective and well-tested support in relation to hardware failure or software deployment or installation.
- Install, configure, and deploy appropriate software and functions according to specification and knowledge in office 365, Microsoft Azure and AD
- Maintain Local Networks, Network infrastructure, PABX systems and Closed-Circuit Cameras in ways that optimize performance.
- Work with team(s) of installation, network, security, and support specialists as needed
- Follow emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failures when necessary and protects data and security.
- Document daily tasks, training, and support sessions to inform the department and organization better regarding IT support needs.
- Assists with maintaining information security through controlled hardware or software installation and staff education.
- Maintain records of IT hardware and software inventory
- Support the IT officer in developing and monitoring of IT project budget accordingly.
- Advance knowledge of current technology and support solutions by attending workshops and continuing education courses as well as staying updated regarding new technology through industry trend.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Technology, or a Related field,
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (i.e., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, or ITIL)
- 1-2 years’ experience working as IT Assistant or Technician is desirable.
Skills and Competence
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Knowledge of Software and Hardware, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Written and Verbal Communication, Interpersonal Communication.
- In depth understanding of diverse cultural environment
- Understanding with ability to use Collaboration tools and Networking kits.
- Attention to Detail, Ability to Work Under Pressure and a team, Ability to Meet Goals, Patience.
- Ability to understand Service Level Agreements and Information Technology related contracts.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP)
How to Apply
The applications (CV and Cover letter) should be submitted through the link https://www.hias.org/who/career-and internship-opportunities quoting the Position Title: IT Assistant
Closing Date: 22nd September2021
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.