Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Kibanda Topup
Despite feeding half of Africa’s population daily, small and medium restaurant owners struggle to access the financial services and inventory needed to grow their businesses.
Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company on a mission to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. Across Nigeria and Kenya, thousands of restaurants use our platform to access inventory and financial services.
About the role
They are always trying to work with the latest technology are obsessed with the user experience. They follow agile methodologies in a team split into 3 main products: Mobile Apps for supply chain, customers, and staff, and a Company Admin Portal. The platform should also be able to connect and store data in the data warehouse to enable reporting – real-time and historical data. This role is to manage the company’s back-end software systems.
Candidates based in Kenya/Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
● Design, execute and maintain back-end software engineering applications. These include microservices, internal APIs, gateways, third-party services & APIs, and databases.
● Ensure software deliverables are held up to the company standard through code reviews, and managing software quality assurance
● Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
● Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
● Manage continuing support and provide system metrics for back-end technical stack.
● Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
● Support preparation of Technology Roadmap.
● Comply with all tech, product departmental as well as company best practices.
● Supervise reporting responsibility for independent software contractors, software engineers, and outsourcing partners.
● Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably trained to perform all job functions and suitably use project and software-related tools.
● Help determine and design system specifications & standards.
● Investigate, and analyze technology improvements, upgrades, and modifications.
● You will develop features across multiple subsystems including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment.
● You will design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
● You will analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
● You will assist with the packaging and support the deployment of releases.
● 5 + years of software development experience
● Vast knowledge for backend software programming languages such as Elixir, Node JS, Python, and PHP
● Experience with working with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
● Demonstrated experience producing readable and testable code
● Have extensive experience working hands-on in an agile environment
● Cares about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
● Can identify, debug and resolve complex production issues
● Experience with distributed systems, architectural patterns/styles, and design patterns would be an advantage.
● Desired Personal Skills, Critical thought, analytical thinking, and good communication skills
● Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
● Good organizational and time management abilities
● Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
● Willing to go above and beyond; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
● An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge
● Demonstrated ability to work independently
● Empathy, respect, and a big sense of humor; we are people before engineers
● Remote working
● A passionate, inspirational, and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
● Grow yourself, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we’ll do what we can to help you do just that
● Flexible work hours – Pretty ﬂexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It’s about delivery!
● Opportunity to travel to interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
Why Kibanda Topup
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 6-months ago and we are already serving thousands of restaurants monthly. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
● Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
● Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
● Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Kibanda Topup may be the perfect place for you. But, Kibanda Topup is not for everyone.
● We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
● This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get the job done
● This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
● We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not be the best place for you.
How To Apply
Kibanda Topup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.