Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Kibanda Topup
Despite feeding half of Africa’s population daily, small and medium restaurant owners struggle to access the financial services and inventory needed to grow their businesses.
Kibanda Topup is a venture-backed technology company on a mission to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. Across Nigeria and Kenya, thousands of restaurants use our platform to access inventory and financial services.
About the role
We are looking for a highly skilled DevOps Engineer with a background in software development, systems operations, and full-stack implementations. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be implementing, maintaining, and scaling cloud infrastructure in a modern containerized environment as well as implementing CI/CD processes. You will also be required to have good organizational skills, pay attention to details at all times, and take a collaborative approach while working with other team members.
Candidates based in Kenya/Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
● Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
● Designing and implementing both build, deployment, and configuration management
● Managing infrastructure in various cloud providers & developing code for automating infrastructure provisioning
● Developing efficient CI/CD pipelines for various web, mobile, and data applications written in multiple languages
● Monitoring, securing, maintaining, and improving live environments
● Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
● Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
● Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
● Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
● Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
● Document and design various processes; update existing processes
● Improve infrastructure development and application development
● Degree in Computer Science, engineering, software engineering or related discipline.
● You have at least 2 years of hands-on experience in development and operations.
● Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (AWS/ GCP/ Azure).
● Previous experience in software development.
● Good knowledge of Code-versioning with Git and experience in using git clients eg GitHub and GitLab
● You feel at home working in a test-driven, agile team
● Excellent verbal communication skills.
● Good problem-solving skills & capacity to learn quickly and improve on skills.
● Remote working
● A passionate, inspirational, and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
● Grow yourself, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we’ll do what we can to help you do just that
● Flexible work hours – Pretty ﬂexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It’s about delivery!
● Opportunity to travel to interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
Why Kibanda Topup
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 6-months ago and we are already serving thousands of restaurants monthly. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
● Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocket ship your career
● Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
● Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Kibanda Topup may be the perfect place for you. But, Kibanda Topup is not for everyone.
● We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
● This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get the job done
● This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
● We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not be the best place for you.
How To Apply
Kibanda Topup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.