Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Supports Pathfinder’s global annual budgeting process and forecasting, prepares and distributes financial reports to senior leadership and the Board of Directors, and analyzes monthly financial results for variances. Strives for operational excellence that enables Pathfinder to continue to grow; evaluate, develop, and implement operational best practices in areas including budgeting, financial reporting and training. Builds constructive and effective relationships with team members and stakeholders, advising other unit managers on financial related subjects.
Key Performance Areas:
- Monthly Spending Review, Analysis and Reports: Monitors and analyzes the organization’s monthly spending performance against budget and conducts ongoing meetings with necessary staff to review results. Highlights, tracks and reports unforeseen spending patterns and considerable deviations from operating budget. Coordinates with departments and country offices regarding financial questions, issues and resolution. Prepares trend analysis reports, tracking expenditures by category, function, and country.
- Annual Budget Planning and Forecasting: Supports in the compilation, review and maintenance of the annual operating budgets and quarterly forecasts. Partner with global cost center managers and country offices in developing their budget and forecasts. Manages data in the budget and forecasting software, Adaptive Planning. Coordinates budget trainings for any new budget owner staff.
- Develops financial models and analyzes data to support management in decision making, including analysis of revenue projections and staffing levels.
- Prepares and updates monthly financial reporting packages for key stakeholders. Assists with the development and monthly updating of financial dashboards using Microsoft Power BI. Creates ad-hoc reports based on external requests. Assists with creating financial presentations for senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Manage incoming operating spending requests from submission to approval and monitor spending against approved requests. Support external audits by providing assistance with preparing required reports and responses to auditors.
- Assists in establishing streamlined policies and procedures for financial planning activities. Supports the design, implementation, management and monitoring of financial planning systems and workflow processes and procedures. Acts as point person for finance related issues with non-finance staff and provide guidance and clarity to questions.
- Leads, manages, or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field plus two (2) years of experience in a finance or accounting role which required financial analysis
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- At least one (1) years of experience in financial planning, budgeting, and analysis
- Proven work professional experience at an NGO or non-profit organization.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Financial Planning: Advanced knowledge of and ability to prepare functional and programmatic budgets, preferably for an NGO or non-profit organization.
- Financial Reporting and Variance Analysis: Proven ability to develop and present required financial reports, identifying and explaining significant variances.
- Financial Tools: Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge. Experience with a cloud-based financial planning system such as Adaptive Planning. Previous experience with financial accounting systems. Experience using a financial reporting and consolidation system is preferable.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Proven consultative and diagnostic skills. Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Language: Proven ability to write and speak using English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues that may be outside the individual’s area of expertise. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven ability to respond quickly to requestors’ needs.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.